Monday, November 9, 2015

Wrenn Announces Retirement

Wrenn Announces Retirement by Jim Snape
After 26 seasons, over 200 starts and 26 wins, including four championships Norm Wrenn of Nashua, NH will no longer thrill race fans with his dynamic driving skills.
After finishing in third place in the 2015 Modified Racing Series final points, Wrenn announced he will not be driving in the future.
"It's been really great from day one, we didn't go out to be aggressive, we did it as a sport, we did it to have fun, we did it to relax. The crew with me today is the same crew that started with me years ago, we really came a long way.
We won 4 championships along the way, one with the Pro Stocks and three with the Pro Four modified's. And at the end. I wanted to go out being competitive and I think we were more competitive in the modified's as we ever have been.
But now I'm 55 and been at it for almost 30 years and last year after we won Seekonk. I told everybody, it's time. I wanted to go out with a win. Now my body's getting tired and I have a ton of work to do. I'm going to miss it. I love racing."
The most notable point in Norms racing career was his first ever victory in the Pro Stock at Star Speedway in 1991, a season where he won a second feature and the Pro Stock championship. "And my first modified victory at Seekonk ranks right up there too" he said. "If I didn't win that race at Seekonk, I might still keep racing. I won't fade away from racing because my son is driving Pro Fours now and I'll work with him. And I'll support the Pro Four division with help and sponsorship."
Whelen All American series – 62 starts 4 wins.
PASS North super late-model – 10 starts.
GSPSS – 2 starts.
Pro Four modified – 48 starts 21 wins
VMRS – 91 starts 1 win
photo by Crystal Snape

No comments:

Post a Comment