Thursday, August 27, 2015

Scott Sundeen Hammers Down and takes the Win at Thompson Speedway

Posted by Wayne G. Barber
Scott Sundeen win #2 in 2015
Photos by Wayne G. Barber



























The Xtramart Limited Sportsman Series provided some of the most action packed racing of the night, with the top three in points separated by only ten points and the top two only separated by a single point coming into the event. The top three in the standings, Scott Sundeen, Larry Barnett and Corey Hutchings respectively, each saw their own issues early in the race with Sundeen and Hutchings both involved in an incident in turns 3 and 4 only two laps into the event and Barnett spinning on his own later on in the race.

All three competitors would make their way back to the front of the field before the end of the event with Sundeen and Hutchings making their way back to the top five by the time another caution slowed the field with only seven laps to go.
  #81 Jesse Gleason who has a win and last race at Thompson dented all 4 fenders in a third place miracle finish was not so fortunate this night and slammed the turn two wall and became a member of captain hook club. His 66 year old dad is gong to work hard to get this race car ready for the World Series.
  Sundeen took the lead on the restart and engaged in an intense side-by-side battle with Hutchings until Hutchings found his championships hopes fade after being collected in his second wreck of the night, a hard hit into the turn two wall after contact with a hard charging Ryan Waterman.

The crash resulted in a green-white-checkered finish with Sundeen on point and his closest points rival, Barnett, in second. Sundeen would go on to win the race but with Barnett taking a second place finish he would fail to gain much in the points going into the season finale in October.

“Corey (Hutchings) was using me up so I figured that I had a faster car and I wasn’t going to settle for second place,” said Sundeen after the win. “I thought I ran him cleaner than he drives anyone. I know I can drive (Barnett) lap after lap side by side and I never have to worry about him and he doesn’t have to worry about me, but there are certain people I can’t stand being around. Larry (Barnett) is not one of them. I’ll race him any day of the week. I’ve never won the championships two years in a row and I’m not banking on it. I want to win races.”

Limited Sportsman Finish

1st Scott  Sundeen , 2nd Larry Barnett, 3d Mike Malbaurn,4th Frank LeToile Jr 5th Jack Aquilina,6th Ed Puleo , 7thTodd Dean,8th Randy Waterman,9th James Bendiak,10th Hank Stott,11th Dana Young,12th Steve Cole,13th Corey Hutchins,14th Ryan Waterman,15th Tommy Shea Sr.,16th Phil Jacques,17th Joshua Wood,18th Mike Palin and 19th Jesse Gleason .

No comments:

Post a Comment